Terms | Hosting | Domains | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Web Site Design | Acceptable Use Policy | Complaints Procedure
1.1 Applicable Policies and Guidelines.
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with GB Reg Internet.
If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document GB Reg Internet may suspend or in serious cases terminate your account.
GB Reg Internet's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for GB Reg Internet Services is designed to help protect GB Reg Internet, GB Reg Internet's customers
and the internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by
GB Reg Internet. GB Reg Internet reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time.
PROHIBITED USES OF GB Reg Internet SYSTEMS AND SERVICES:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorisation, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material that may cause GB Reg Internet to come into disrepute or which could be considered immoral even if of a legal nature.
- Provision of internet access, VPN or tunnelling of traffic from unidentified users, or in a manner which user details cannot be disclosed to GB Reg Internet.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited
Bulk Email through GB Reg Internet's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending
of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing
any resource hosted on GB Reg Internet's servers, is prohibited. GB Reg Internet
accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies
to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate
this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Relaying of mail, using mailbox forwarders and or forwarding mail using mailing lists
utilizing any resource hosted on GB Reg Internet's servers, is prohibited.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list
without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited.
All mailing lists run by GB Reg Internet customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed
Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner
must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing
lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any GB Reg Internet-hosted
domain, or referencing any GB Reg Internet account, is prohibited.
- Sending any Bulk email including Confirmed Mailing Lists with any email address which cannot
be replied to or replies with an auto-responder. Such email addresses may include
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or any other email address which is not
read in a timely manner and responded to.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program,
product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other
Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation
of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing
or denial of service attacks.
- Operating or advertising any service which is known or likely to cause Unsolicited Bulk
Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing or denial of service attacks against
yourself or any other user including users of another service provider. Such services
include but are not limited to public Camfrog, IRC or chat services and extremist websites.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service
to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO)
database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Defacing of websites or submission of SPAM to blogs, forums or message boards.
- Unauthorised attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorised access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any GB Reg Internet customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the GB Reg Internet network or on another provider's network.
- Using GB Reg Internet's Services to interfere with the use of the GB Reg Internet network by other customers or authorised users.
CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY FOR CUSTOMER'S USERS
Each GB Reg Internet customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from GB Reg Internet,
is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives
or end-users of a GB Reg Internet customer will be forwarded to the GB Reg Internet customer's postmaster for action.
If violations of the GB Reg Internet Acceptable Use Policy occur, GB Reg Internet reserves the right to terminate services
with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating GB Reg Internet's AUP as GB Reg Internet deems appropriate, without notice.